South End Infant School was awarded an “Outstanding” rating by Ofsted at our last inspection in 2009. Full information on the visit can be found by following http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/121861 to the Ofsted website. Every Ofsted visit is followed up by a letter from the inspector to the pupils of the school. We present the letter in full below.
Text from letter to pupils explaining the findings of the inspection
4 June 2009
Inspection of South End Infant School, Rushden, NN10 9JU
Thank you so much for welcoming us when we visited your school recently. We were really impressed with all your hard work and very much enjoyed talking with you. You told us that you enjoy school a good deal and we are not surprised as your school is outstanding.
These are some of the best things we found about your school.
- You are making excellent progress as you are being taught exceptionally well. You reach standards that are well above average by the time you leave to go to the Junior School.
- You are developing really well into sensible young people. We were really impressed with the work of the school council and all the other things you do to help others.
- All adults look after you extremely well and you told us that you feel very safe when you are in school.
- A very interesting range of things is planned for you to do in lessons. I particularly enjoyed watching the work you were doing with Indian saris and listening to the work on Indian stories.
- Your headteacher and all the staff have excellent plans to make your school even better.
There is just one thing we have suggested should be improved.
- The progress of children in the Reception classes isn’t quite as good as in Years 1 and 2. We have suggested that this would improve if these children were helped to do better in writing.
I know you will keep working hard and help your teachers to keep up these standards.
John D Eadie Lead Inspector