Parent Support Advisor
Hello, I'm your Parent Support Advisor, Sarah Thompson-Fitch and can provide support on all parenting and school issues. I'm able to give advice on many issues and I also have a role in pupil attendance. Below is a list of things I can help you with but this list is not exhaustive. If you require advice on any issue related to school and/or your family please don’t hesitate to arrange an appointment.
I am available from Tuesday to Thursday in the School Reception. My mobile phone number is: 07511 572534. I can see you in School or visit you at home.
- Provide a listening ear to parents/carers in a non judgmental way.
- Refer to other agencies like School Nurse, Wellbeing & Mental Health support, Debt Agencies, Domestic Violence support, Sleep Right and many others.
- Sign post to food banks
- Sign post to organisations such as church groups, mum and tots, Children's centres. Can accompany for the first time.
- Provide information on behaviour strategies.
- Give information on family routines.
- Deliver Parenting Programmes on a 1:1 basis or in a group.
- Lead and organise EHA (Early Help Assessment) meetings liaising with other professionals.
- Offer some sort of support when it seems no-one else can!
There is always hope whatever situation you may find yourself in!